Q-1 How can I earn Privilèges Points?
A. You earn Privilèges points with every bet you make at slot machines† and according to accumulated gaming credits: $1 bet = 1 Privilèges Point. To earn Privilèges Points, you must insert your membership card in the slot machine’s reader as soon as you start playing.
You may also earn Points playing at table games and keno. With table games, Points are calculated according to type of game, play time and average bet. With keno, Points are calculated according to the value of tickets purchased. To earn Privilèges Points, just hand your membership card to the gaming table operations supervisor or the keno attendant when you start playing.
COMING OCTOBER 18, 2016: Privilèges Plus, Prestige and Prestige Plus members can now collect Privilèges Points on purchases at our restaurants. For each $1 spent, you’ll earn 5 Privilèges Points.
†Privilèges Points earned may vary according to game and the member’s Casino Privilèges Status.
Q-2 What are the advantages of Privilèges Points?
A. Privilèges Points are redeemable for cash: 300 Privilèges Points equal $1 (in Canadian currency) when redeemed. You may also redeem them for Casino products and services.
Q-3 How can I redeem Privilèges Points?
A. Privilèges Points may be redeemed for gaming credits directly at slot machines. A minimum of 1,500 Privilèges Points ($5) may be redeemed for cash. The withdrawal may be made at a Casino Privilèges terminal or with a cashier at one of Québec’s four casinos.
Privilèges Points earned playing table games and keno may also be redeemed for Casino products and services.
Q-4 How do I know what my Privilèges Points balance is?
A. Your Privilèges Points balance may be obtained directly from a slot machine, Privilèges interactive terminal or Casino Privilèges counter.
You may ask for the dollar balance available for redemption at a Casino cashier or Casino Privilèges counter. It is also available at any Casino Privilèges terminal.
Q-5 How can I earn Casino Status Points and what can they be used for?
A. You earn Casino Status Points when you use your membership card playing your favourite slot machine game, table game or keno.*
COMING OCTOBER 18, 2016: Privilèges Plus, Prestige and Prestige Plus members can now collect Casino Status Points on purchases at our restaurants. For each $1 spent, you’ll earn 5 Casino Status Points.
Casino Status Points enable you to achieve one of four Casino Status levels: Privilèges, Privilèges Plus, Prestige or Prestige Plus. Casino Status provides benefits in each of our casinos.
*Certain conditions apply.
Q-6 How do I achieve a higher Casino Status and therefore get more benefits?
The Casino Status of all Casino Privilèges members is reevaluated at the end of the reference year established by the Casino, which begins on October 15 every year. At that time, all Casino Status Points balances are reset to zero. You have one year (12 months) to start earning Casino Status Points again and requalify for the same level or for another. You must earn 1,600 Casino Status Points during the reference year to achieve Privilèges Plus Casino Status, 35,000 Casino Status Points to achieve Prestige Casino Status and 400,000 Casino Status Points to achieve Prestige Plus Casino Status.
Note that, if you achieve a higher level Casino Status before the reevaluation date, you may enjoy those benefits immediately and will maintain the status until reevaluation the following year.
Q-7 As a member, how do I change my regular mail or e-mail address?
Casino Privilèges members who wish to change their regular mail or e-mail address on our distribution list must go to the Casino in person or online at Casino Privilèges.
Q-8 What rules and conditions apply in the Casino Privilèges Club?
Casino Privilèges Club members must comply with the following rules:
- Registration is restricted to persons who are eighteen (18) years of age or older who show a valid piece of photo ID displaying their date of birth.
- Membership cardholders are responsible for the card and confidentiality of their PIN. The Société des casinos du Québec declines all responsibility if a third party uses the member’s PIN.
- Membership cardholders must correctly insert the card in the slot machine reader and ensure it is accepted by the system. Privilèges Points may then be earned. An incorrectly inserted card will not record Privilèges Points. The Casino declines all responsibility for Points that may not be recorded if the card is inserted incorrectly or a mistake is made during use.
- Membership cardholders may redeem Privilège Points for cash according to applicable terms. Points may only be redeemed in dollars. Cardholders must check the accuracy of any Privilèges Point redemption operation.
- Membership cardholders will be the only persons authorized to use their card. Cardholders may not allow another player to earn Privilèges Points on their card, and may not insert their card in a slot machine used by another player. Privilèges Points earned by cardholders are not transferable. A cardholder’s bankruptcy or death will result in cancellation of the card and Privilèges Points earned.
- The Casino reserves the right to establish or change the maximum number of Privilèges Points that may be registered in a file and, as appropriate, require the membership cardholder to redeem a sufficient number of points to avoid exceeding the maximum.
- A file in which no activity has been recorded or Points earned by the cardholder during a period of twelve (12) consecutive months will be considered inactive, and Privilèges Points earned by the cardholder will be automatically cancelled.
- Membership cardholders must immediately notify the Casino of the loss or theft of their card. The Casino declines all responsibility for damages incurred by the cardholder in the event of card loss or theft.
- Privilèges Points earned remain the Casino’s property for as long as the cardholder does not exercise the redemption option in accordance with Point 4. Privilèges Points may not be assigned or transferred to a third party, and may not be seized. In addition, the Casino will retain ownership of the card. The Casino may, at its discretion, refuse to issue a card or revoke it, and may cancel the account balance in the event of fraud or non-compliance with Casino Privilèges Club rules or applicable Casino standards.
- The Casino reserves the right to adjust the cardholder’s balance should he or she disrupt the operation of a slot machine or disregard any applicable Casino Privilège Club rule.
- The Casino declines all responsibility towards a membership cardholder in the event of system defect or operator error. The Casino reserves the right to correct a file by returning any of its parts to the position they were in before any defect or error, according to the information in its records.
- Each Casino Privilèges member’s Casino Status will be determined according to the number of Casino Status points earned during the reference year established by the Casino. At the end of the reference year, the Casino Status Points balance will be reset to zero (0) so as to reevaluate the Casino Status to which the member will be entitled for the following year.
- The Casino reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel the Casino Privilèges Club and related benefits, in whole or in part, without notice or responsibility towards cardholders. The interpretation of Club terms and rules rests exclusively with the Casino, whose decisions are final.
- Cardholders’ use of the card will be deemed confirmation of their acceptance of the rules governing the Casino Privilèges Club.
- These rules take precedence over any previous Casino Privilèges Club rules.